Are you the fastest “Wing-Slinger” in the West?
Can you put away more chicken wings than anyone you know?
Well now is your chance to prove it at the 3rd annual Gastown BBQ & Chili Festival, where? Both Sat Aug 30th & Sun Aug 31st at 3 pm on the street stage, wing eaters will compete for some great prizes and help raise money for Athletics for Kids, come out and practice your wing eating technique or just get up and “wing-it”, limited space for this event so sign up now below!
Online entries close at noon on Saturday August 30th. Entries after this time can not be considered
- The wing eating competition is open to all amateur eaters 18 years or older who are in good health. Professional eaters, persons recognized by the AICE, the IFOCE, vendor staff or members of any professional eating organization are not eligible.
- Contest will consist of only 10 competitors.
- Any competitor with a serious ailment or health problem may not compete in the contest.
- Competitors may eat sitting down or standing up in their designated areas. Any contestant leaving their designated area during the contest will be disqualified.
- Competitors may not make physical contact with any other competitor at any time. Any competitor who deliberately makes contact with another competitor will be disqualified.
- If a competitor vomits or regurgitates at any time during the competition he or she will be disqualified.
- The use of utensils is not allowed.
- Chicken meat must be eaten directly from the bones. Stripping the bones of meat first and eating the meat at one time will not be allowed.
- Competitors may not touch the wing basket or wings in the basket before the contest begins.
- Competitors must place each and every finished chicken wing bone back in the wing basket. Failure to place wing bones back into the basket will result in disqualification.
- No beverages may be consumed until all wings are complete.
- If contingencies or disputes arise at the contest/before, during or after, that is not explicitly covered by these official rules, the Executive Judge’s decision will stand with the same finality as the rules.
- Winner of the contest will be determined by who can eat 10 wings clean to the bone the fastest.
- Wings will be provided by contest sponsor.
- All competitors will be required to sign a release waiver.